Texas Health Resources
Texas Health Fort Worth is seeking to hire Full Time and Part Time EEG Techs in the Neurodiagnostics Department.
The address is 1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76104
Salary: Min $20.56 – Max $32.79, based on relevant work experience.
• Full Time: 36 hours per week, 7a-7p or 7p-7a and Part Time: 24 hours per week, 7a-7p or 7p-7a.
Rotating Call on weekends, holidays, and after hours required.
As an EEG Tech with Texas Health Fort Worth, you will record the electrical activity of the patient's brain to diagnose seizures, metabolic disorders and infections of the central nervous system, head trauma, headaches, dizziness, numbness sensations and other medical problems.
The essential duties of this position are:
• Performs appropriate EEG & EMU Testing for neonatal through geriatric age patients.
• Applies various recording/monitoring electrodes to patient and accurately performs studies or monitoring on inpatients and outpatients.
• Accurately places recording electrodes to patient's head and chest.
• Ensures record keeping and documentation.
• Management of physician orders.
• Accurate, timely, legible and complete documentation of all activities.
• Collaborates with physicians regarding immediate live results to ensure timely documentation.
• Serves as back-up support to department structure such as covering the front desk.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• Registered EEG required
• Associate's Degree healthcare related field required
• Other EEG accredited certificate program required
• 1 Year in related experience preferred
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire
• Registered EEG Technician required upon hire if no Associates Degree
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to see the computer read outs for EEG/EMG tracings and computers used in the provision services.
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named "Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• Employees' Choice "Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A "Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 "20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Gold level LearningElite award – national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• A 2019 "America's Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Preferred Years Of Experience:1 Year(s)
Education Required:High School
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Travel:Up to 10% Travel
Share On :